Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
$2000.00 for the materials to tie one fly. Now that's and obsession.

Wow, now I know the rest of the story.  Very interesting.
General Fly Fishing / Spare spool
« Last post by BoB_K on April 11, 2019, 05:58:27 PM »
Anybody know where to find a spare spool for a Teton Tioga 10 fly reel? Did a little searching with no luck.

Thanks
For Sale or Swap / Re: Korkers Wading Boots
« Last post by BoB_K on April 04, 2019, 12:25:37 PM »
The Korkers are still available if anyone interested. If you wear a size 9 or 10 regular shoe these will work fine with your waders.
For Sale or Swap / Korkers Wading Boots
« Last post by BoB_K on March 03, 2019, 06:52:51 AM »
Korkers Hatchback wading boots for sale, size 11. Worn a half dozen times and in excellent shape. Come with the gum sole and the studded gum sole. $150.00 firm. Questions call, 920-427-5846.

BoB
General Fly Fishing / Trout Fest is this Sarutday 2/23/19
« Last post by SirTrout on February 22, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »
At the Fin N Feather in Winneconne starting at 9am

12 Facets of Spring Ponds (Time: 9:30am)-Wayne Parmley
Double Your Catch with Double the Flies? (Time: 10:00 am) -iraGiese
Spey Fishing Basics (Time: 10:30am)-JeffTreu
20 Reasons - CWTU's Fly Fishing School (Time: 11:00am)-JohnGremrr
Bug Hints to Improve Trout Fishing (Time: ioopm)-Tom Lager
Exploring Chilean Patagonia (Time: i :30 pm)- Kyle Zempel
Fly fishing in Fernie, British Columbia (Time. 2:00 pm)-Tom Meyer
All About Hexagenia Limbata (Time: 2:30 pm)-John Gremmer

More info here, https://www.cwtu.org/

This is always a fund event.

General Fly Fishing / Time-lapse videos.
« Last post by SirTrout on February 10, 2019, 02:22:17 PM »
I was browsing the USGS site and noticed that some of the rivers now have Time-lapse videos of the rivers.  I don't know when they added this? 

Here is a link the Root River https://cida.usgs.gov/stormsummary/timelapse/BasicData/WIWSC/SWO/Root_Racine_timelapse_videos/04087240_idx131_Root_Racine_timelapse_1920x1080at10fps_qmax42.webm

You can see a fisherman in the image dated 11-27-18,  you have to pause it and scrub it back to that date.  Towards the end of the video you can see the river rise and water clarity go down.  This could be very useful in the spring when trying to figure out if it worth the drive over there.

Some of my favorite USGS sites are on this page, http://flyfishingwis.com/wisconsin/great-lakes-tribs/run-timing/
That thing is a farce. Just one example is the Pine river. They intertwined the one in the northern part of the state and the Pine in Waushara co. Who the heck put that site together.
The Root? Seriously?

Fish behind the pile of shopping carts and just down from the cracked Frisbee. Make sure to bring gloves to remove the used condom that will fold around your leader knot. Avoid stepping on the corpses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10